Sensor DDS® MIT technology was developed specifically for the testing and quality control of exposed geomembranes including synthetic waterproofing membranes, liners and asphalt systems.
It is applied to the exposed face of the liner directly after installation. The system electronically verifies the integrity of the entire surface including the welds enabling the elimination of all damage including pinholes.
When damage is encountered the equipment generates an audio-visual warning so the Technician can be sure when a hole is found, making the equipment very simple to use.
Contact us if you would like to purchase MIT for use in your lining, roofing or quality control business (also see sales brochure here: Leak Location | Media)
All geomembrane liner installations should be thoroughly tested to ensure complete integrity exists, prior to the placement of any covering media over the liner. Geomembranes put into service with existing damage will cause the early deterioration of the liner, which dramatically reduces liner durability and reduces the years of protection it can offer.
The standard quality control systems normally offered during liner installation concentrate solely on the welds and as such these controls will miss damage to the liner in mid-sheet areas.
Clients can be sure that the installer has provided a clean installation, whilst the installer is protected from claims for damage caused to the liner that occurs after the test date.
Advantages of Waterless Geomembrane Arc Testing:
- Cost effective
- No upfront cost for the client
- Additional Quality Control for installation of geomembranes
- Electronic verification of integrity
- High voltage DC arc testing device
- Developed to further strengthen QC of geomembrane
- Generates an audio-visual alarm when damage is found
- Verifies the integrity of the entire surface (including welds)
- Identifies all damage caused by transit and installation
- Can detect even the smallest < 0.5mm pinhole damage
- Protection for the client and the installation contractor
- No water required to operate
- One operator can test up to 60000sqft per day
- Zero interference between units
- Many operators can work simultaneously
- Minimal training is required
- Lightweight - the entire kit weighs only 5.5lbs